Advertisements
Advertisements

Tag: sharepoint

As with the RTM release of SharePoint 2013, Sharepoint 2013 SP1 has alot of prerequisites. This includes server features and additional EXE files that need to be installed before SharePoint will proceed with the install. I created 2x scripts and 1x txt file, they are as follows: Script 1 – Server features. This installs all […]

Advertisements
Advertisements
Read more

Today I installed a new SharePoint 2013 Server to add to my existing farm. I installed SQL and all the prerequisites for SharePoint, rebooted a couple of times. After all the installs I installed the April 2014 CU for SharePoint as the second server needs to match the existing one. The install takes a little […]

Read more

Today I ran the SharePoint 2013 April 2014 CU. The extraction and installation was successful. Upon running the SharePoint Configuration Wizard after the restart, PSCONFIG failed immediately on step 3 with the following error: This upgrade session has been stopped. Possible causes include the process being terminated abruptly or the OS has rebooted. Please restart […]

Read more

After I rebuilt my SharePoint Server I moved across one last database. After a restart SharePoint reported that the database was in compatibility mode. I opened up an elevated SharePoint PowerShell and ran the following command: PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force PSConfig went through the steps and got stuck on Step 3. This has […]

Read more

I downloaded SP1 for SharePoint 2013 and applied it. After the reboot everything seemed normal. I then ran the products and configuration upgrade and it failed directly on step 2. I enabled all the services it stopped and saw if I could open up my sites. The configuration site opened but when I tried to […]

Read more

Microsoft released RU3 for DPM 2012 SP1. Finally I was able to upgrade the DPM Agent on SharePoint 2013 as I kept getting an error when trying to Protect SQL. The updated agent installed fine, first initial sync when perfect until it finished with the above error. Here are the steps I did to fix […]

Read more

Today I came across the following error below logged almost every 2 min in event viewer. The Execute method of job definition Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileImportJob threw an exception. More information is included below. Generic Error. Upon investigation I found that the 2 FIM Services (ForeFront Identity Manager) were disabled in the Services MMC as well as in […]

Read more