Advertisements
Advertisements
Collaborationpro.com

Collaborationpro.com

Today I prepared a new notebook and after joining it to the domain the SCCM client automatically installed as it should. However after the install and reboot all updates that were needed and available pulled correctly to the client however the updates were stuck in the status above “Waiting to Install” I checked the SCCM […]

Advertisements
Advertisements
Read more

Today I installed a new DPM 2012 server. The installation went through fine and all backups were running well until the upgrade to SP1. Seems like a small bug as all my replica’s were inconsistent after applying the upgrade. I uninstalled the DPM Agent, rebooted the DPM server plus the server where the Agent was […]

Read more

Setup cannot continue with the upgrade because the “beremote()” process has open files: The error listed above is not something to really stress about. If you running Symantec Backup Exec you will need to stop the services and then retry the checks, they should all pass and allow you to carry on with your installation. […]

Read more

Today I encountered another error whilst doing an upgrade from Exchange 2010 SP2 to SP3. This was an error on my part as I will explain shortly. The error you can get when updating the UM Role is as follows: “There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706D9)”. There are […]

Read more

Today whilst busy updating one of my other sites I encountered the following error: Some controls aren’t valid. Setup previously failed while performing the action “Install”. You can’t resume setup by performaing the action “BuildToBuildUpgrade”. For some reason Exchange thinks it did not install correctly when the previous installation was done. To fix this you […]

Read more

Today I started with upgrades to Service Pack 3 for Exchange 2010. The download is around 549MB. Because all my sites run DAG’s I started with the smallest one. Starting with the Passive server I ran the upgrade, the install runs through a list of checks. A new feature that needs to be installed is […]

Read more

Today I got round to setting up a Federation Trust in Exchange 2010. The steps are pretty straight forward but you need to make sure of the following: Autodiscover for your organization resolves externally, you can test this via the following link: https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/ Autodiscover External URL is setup in Exchange. TXT records. If you open up […]

Read more