To export a mailbox to PST is relatively a simple process but there are a few steps to do before you jump into this. Here are the steps:
- Grant the User access to the Role as by default there are not users assigned to the Import/Export Management role.
- Create a Network Share and Grant the Exchange Trusted Subsystem Read/Writes.
- Exporting the Mailbox
- Monitoring the Export
Granting Access to the Role:
- New-ManagementRoleAssignment –Role “Mailbox Import Export” –User User
Granting Access to the Share:
Exporting the Mailbox:
- New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox User -FilePath \fileserverpstUser.pst
Monitoring the Mailbox Export:
- Get-MailboxExportRequest | Get-MailboxExportRequestStatistics
If you want to Export a Users Mailbox Archive you need to include the “-IsArchive” option at the end of the command:
- New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox User -FilePath \fileserverpstUser.pst -IsArchive
Hope it helps.