Exchange 2010 Management Tools are installed on a server/s and when launched the following error is presented:
“No Exchange servers are available in the active directory site. Connecting to an Exchange Server in another Active Directory Site”
As each site out there is different, there will be different solutions to the problem above, I have listed a few below:
- IPv6 unchecked on the Network Card.
- User logged in locally vs being on the domain.
- User not part of the Organizational Management Group.
- Checking AD replication by running DCDIAG.
- Removing the cache from the APPData directory under the Users folder.
In my case, I could not ping the server I was connecting to that was specified in the Exchange Management Console.
Entered in a server that was pingable and the EMS connected fine.
Hope it helps.